Our School App Stay connected on the go...
- To design an exciting and engaging curriculum that provides regular opportunities for pupils to use and apply the writing and spoken language skills they have acquired from the English Curriculum;
- To create an interest in words and their meanings in order to broaden vocabulary and the ability to use it in the correct context;
- For children to write for a purpose and to have clear intentions of the impact of their writing on the reader, through careful planning and consideration;
- To develop a broad range of writing skills that can be applied to a wide range of text types and genres across the whole curriculum;
- For children to be able to articulate their thoughts orally and to be able to use a strong grasp of grammar and spelling to write with confidence and clarity in all subjects;
- Children are taught letters with entry and exit lines from EYFS. They begin to join these letters to form a neat, cursive script in Year 2 and all teaching staff model this consistently. It is expected that writing is beautifully presented in all books and for all display work.